During winter weather conditions, transit is a popular choice on snowy days, as customers choose to leave the driving to us.
When faced with snow or ice, it's possible that there will be service disruptions and our staff work diligently to keep our riders moving.
Here are some transit travel tips that can help make your ride more comfortable for you and your fellow commuters.
Know before you go!
- Plan ahead using Trip Planner and make sure to allow yourself extra commuting time.
- Check Alerts for details on canceled or disrupted services.
- Sign up for Transit Alerts to receive alerts if there are changes while on the go.
- Follow our customer information team on Twitter, Facebook, or call them at 604.953.3333.
When out on the transit system:
- Use handrails and watch for icy or wet patches.
- Don't run for your bus or train, and wear appropriate footwear that provides a good grip for ice and snow.
- Dress warmly and be visible when it’s dark out.
- Allow for extra commuting time, there may be longer waits for certain services.
- Expect transit to be busier than usual and be courteous to your fellow passengers and transit staff.
- Watch for your bus. Bus Operators may not be able to pull into a bus stop, and instead will choose to stop in an area that is safe and accessible for riders.